In iPadOS 15, you can start a Quick Note while you’re using another app, and then find it in Notes later. Here’s how.
Start a Quick Note on Mac
With Quick Note, you can jot down ideas and add links, no matter what you’re doing on your Mac.
Start a Quick Note
If you’re working in another app and have to jot something down, you can easily start a Quick Note. Do one of the following:
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Press Q and the Fn key or Globe key .
- Use hot corners: Move the pointer to the hot corner for Quick Note (by default, the lower-right corner of the screen), then click the note that appears. See Use hot corners.
- Use Safari: See Add Safari links to a Quick Note or Add highlighted content from Safari to a Quick Note.
After you start a Quick Note, you can open it again by using any of the methods above. If you want to always start a new Quick Note (instead of opening the previous one), open the Notes app on your Mac, choose Notes > Preferences, then deselect “Resume last Quick Note.”
Add Safari links to a Quick Note
- In the Safari app on your Mac, open the website you want to link.
- Click the Share button , then choose New Quick Note or Add to Quick Note.When you return to the linked content in the website, a thumbnail of the Quick Note appears in the corner of the screen to remind you of what you noted earlier.
You can also add links to websites and other apps in Notes.
Add highlighted content from Safari to a Quick Note
Keep track of websites you’ve visited by highlighting text in Safari and adding it directly to a Quick Note.
- In the Safari app on your Mac, open a website, then select the text you want to highlight.
- Control-click the text, then choose New Quick Note or Add to Quick Note.A link appears in the Quick Note, and the text in Safari is highlighted. When you visit the website again later, your highlight is still there.
To remove the highlights, delete the Safari link from the Quick Note.
Edit a Quick Note
You can edit Quick Notes just like other notes, and add tables, tags, and more. See any of the following:
You can find your Quick Notes in the Quick Notes folder in the Notes app.