Apple has determined that some iPhone X displays may experience touch issues due to a component that might fail on the display module. An affected device may exhibit the following:
- The display, or part of the display, does not respond or responds intermittently to touch
- The display reacts even though it was not touched
Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will replace the display module on eligible devices, free of charge.
No other iPhone models are part of this program.
Choose one of the options below to have your iPhone X serviced. Your iPhone will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program.
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
- Make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store.
- Contact Apple Support to arrange mail-in service via the Apple Repair Center.
If your iPhone X has any damage which impairs the ability to complete the repair, such as a cracked screen, that issue will need to be resolved prior to the service. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the additional repair.
Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country or region of purchase.
This Apple program doesn't extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPhone X.
If you believe your iPhone X was affected by this issue, and you paid to replace your display module, you can contact Apple about a refund.
The program covers affected iPhone X devices for 3 years after the first retail sale of the unit.