The trackpad on your MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) may become insensitive after using the MacBook Pro (Retina) Trackpad Update. This can happen when the update is interrupted by the computer going to sleep.
When an external mouse or other pointing device is available, connect it and reapply the update. Please do not disconnect the power or let the computer to sleep during the update process.
If you do not have access to an external mouse or other pointing device follow these following steps:
- Press Control-Fn-F7
- If the Updater application is on the screen, see step 7. If the Updater application is not on the screen, continue to step 3.
- Press Command-Tab to go to the Finder.
- Press Command-Shift-U to open the Utilities folder.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to “MacBook Pro Trackpad Update” so it is highlighted.
- Press Command-O to start the application.
- The word “Update” should be highlighted in blue. If it is not, press the Tab key to highlight it.
- Press the space bar to initiate the update.
- Press Return to confirm OK.
- Enter your administrator password, and then press return.
- Allow the update to finish. Do not unplug the computer, let it sleep, or interrupt the update while it is in progress.
- The word “Updated” with a green check mark appears in the progress box when the update is complete. The trackpad should now be functional.
MacBook Repair at TopTek System
TopTek System (TTS) is an Apple Authorized Service Provider. All of our technicians receive Apple training and they deliver the same high-quality service with genuine Apple parts and the proper tools, which provided and recommended by Apple, to open and close the device therefor the repairs are backed by Apple. Genuine Apple Parts are critical to a quality repair. Visit us to make sure you get your product back working the way it should.
There’s no charge if your Macbook issue is covered under warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law.
Not sure if you’re covered? Check your coverage by entering your Macbook serial number.
Most common MacBook Air/MacBook Pro Repair Services:
- LCD /Screen Replacement
- Logic Board Replacement
- Mag safe 2/USB C (charging port Replacement)
- Battery Replacement
- Water Damage