Let’s check which Mac computers have the Apple T2 Security Chip.
Actually, the Apple T2 Security Chip is Apple's second-generation, custom silicon for Mac. You should know that, the T2 chip prepare capabilities to your Mac, for instance:
- Encrypted storage and secure boot capabilities
- Improved image signal processing
- Security for Touch ID data.
Here you can Find more about hardware security in Apple devices.
Now let’s know computers that have the Apple T2 Security Chip
Mac computers have the Apple T2 Security Chip are as below:
- iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
- iMac Pro
- Mac Pro (2019)
- Mac Pro (Rack, 2019)
- Mac mini (2018)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Finally, You can also use System Information to get whether your Mac has this chip or not:
- Push and hold the Option key while choosing Apple menu > System Information.
- In the sidebar, select either Controller or iBridge, based on the version of macOS that's in use.
- When you see "Apple T2 chip" on the right, your Mac has the Apple T2 Security Chip.
TopTek System (TTS) is an Apple Authorized Service Provider. All of our technicians receive Apple training and they deliver the same high-quality service with genuine Apple parts and the proper tools, which provided and recommended by Apple, to open and close the device therefor the repairs are backed by Apple. Genuine Apple Parts are critical to a quality repair. Visit us to make sure you get your product back working the way it should.
To get service for your MacBook, you can call us or make a reservation online.
There’s no charge if your Macbook issue is covered under warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law.
Not sure if you’re covered? Check your coverage by entering your Macbook serial number.
Most common MacBook Air/MacBook Pro Repair Services:
- LCD /Screen Replacement
- Logic Board Replacement
- Battery Replacement
- Water Damage
- Keyboard Replacement