Previously, as you may know Apple Diagnostics, known as Apple Hardware Test, can check your Mac for hardware issues.
Whenever, you guess your Mac may have a hardware issue, you can use Apple Diagnostics to help determine which hardware component might be at fault. Apple Diagnostics also suggest different ways and solutions to helps you contact Apple Support for assistance.
Get ready your Mac
- Turn off your Mac.
- Disconnect all external devices except your keyboard, mouse, display, Ethernet connection (if applicable) and connection to mains power.
- Become sure your Mac is on a flat and stable surface with good ventilation.
Start Apple Diagnostics
Determine whether you’re using a Mac with Apple silicon, then follow the suitable steps:
- Turn on your Mac and continue to click and hold the power button as your Mac starts up.
- Release when you see the startup options window, which contains a gear icon labelled Options.
- Click Command (⌘)-D on your keyboard.
- Turn on your Mac and then press and hold the D key on your keyboard immediately as your Mac starts up.
- Release when you see a progress bar or you’re asked to select a language.
Show the test results
Apple Diagnostics shows a progress bar while it’s checking your Mac:
Exactly, when testing is complete, Apple Diagnostics will show the results, including one or more reference codes. Find out more about Apple Diagnostics reference codes.
For repeating the test, click “Run the test again” or press Command-R.
For restarting your Mac, click Restart or press R.
For shutting down, click Shut Down or press S.
For getting information about your service and support options, become sure your Mac is connected to the Internet or not, then push” Get started” or press Command-G. Your Mac will restart to a web page with more information. When you’ve finished, select Restart or Shut Down from the Apple menu.
TopTek System (TTS) is an Apple Authorized Service Provider. All of our technicians receive Apple training and they deliver the same high-quality service with genuine Apple parts and the proper tools, which provided and recommended by Apple, to open and close the device therefor the repairs are backed by Apple. Genuine Apple Parts are critical to a quality repair. Visit us to make sure you get your product back working the way it should.
There’s no charge if your Macbook issue is covered under warranty, AppleCare+, or consumer law.
Not sure if you’re covered? Check your coverage by entering your Macbook serial number.
- LCD /Screen Replacement
- Logic Board Replacement
- Battery Replacement
- Water Damage
- Keyboard Replacement